At the Federation of Vermont Lakes and Ponds Annual Meeting on September 8th, the Vermont Lakes and Ponds Department Manager of the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation, Oliver Pierson, presented the 2022 Robert Arnold Award to Christine Cano.
This award is offered by the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources’ Lakes and Ponds Program to recognize individuals who exhibit devotion in the care and stewardship of their favorite Vermont lake on many facets of lake management and protection.
This lake protection award was initiated in 1998 in memory of Robert Arnold of Seymour Lake, Morgan, Vermont in recognition and appreciation of his many years of volunteer service to Seymour Lake as a Vermont Lay Monitor. His love and dedication to Seymour Lake serve as an inspiration to all who knew him.
All Robert Arnold Award recipients are recognized and thanked for their all-around devotion to the health and protection of Vermont Lakes.
“The DEC is awarding Christine Cano with the Robert Arnold Award in recognition of her many years of volunteer work, both at Shadow Lake and with FOVLAP. Chrissie exemplifies Bob Arnold’s spirit not only by volunteering her time for safeguarding our lakes, but also in her friendly contact with numerous people to advocate for lake protection issues. Some of Christine’s efforts are listed below;:
- Lead Shadow Lake’s successful eradication of EWM
- Director of FOVLAP – thoughtful and ever attentive to detail for effective work for FOVLAP
- Legislative Committee Leader for FOVLAP including creation of materials for others to use for advocacy
- Energetic contributor to FOVLAP’s newsletter – serious research on many topics to ensure quality newsletter content
- Cheerful support and encouragement for her colleagues”
Congratulations to Chrissie!
Previous recipients of the Robert Arnold Award can be viewed by clicking here. The award was not presented in 2020 or 2021.