Why You Should Join the Federation!
We connect lake association, lake stewards, and all stakeholders concerned with the health of Vermont’s lakes by being a central source of information about lake issues, and by representing and advocating for Vermont’s lakes. We do this by:
- Sharing information and facilitating communication about issues affecting the state’s lakes and ponds through our newsletter, website, Facebook page, YouTube channel, and our email list;
- Sponsoring a variety of online, hybrid, and in-person events, that bring together stakeholders in Vermont’s lakes and ponds, along with experts from across the country, to learn about new developments and to share information that help all of us to better protect and improve the health of our lakes and ponds as well as their surrounding ecosystems. These include:
- Advocating with the state legislature and administration on issues affecting our lakes, including advocating for increased funding to support programs for prevention and management of AIS, improvement of water quality, and protection of the health of our lakes and ponds and their watersheds;
- Providing information and updates on legislation and administrative activities that affect the state’s waters;
- Acting as a liaison among lake and pond associations and state agencies, especially the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation.
We can’t do it without you! Your membership and support of the Federation helps all of our lake associations and lake stewards to continue to work to preserve and protect Vermont’s lakes and ponds for this and future generations!