The Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation will be holding one in-person and one virtual public hearing on the proposed wake boat rules in August. To make a comment at one of the meetings, you must sign up ahead of time.
- In-Person Only Public Hearing
- August 1, 2023, 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Montpelier Pavilion Auditorium, 109 State Street, Montpelier VT 05602
- Virtual Only Public Hearing
- August 3, 2023, 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Using Microsoft Teams Platform, Click here to join the meeting
- Or call in (audio only) +1 802-828-7667 Phone Conference ID: 289 477 172#
- Sign-up sheets to speak at the public hearing will be available on July 10 at 9 AM. There will be 60 speaking slots per meeting. Please only sign up to speak at one meeting.
Written comments will also be accepted and given the same consideration as verbal comments. Written comments may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to use the subject line “wake boats”. All written comments are due by August 10, 2023, 4:30pm
The proposed rule can be found here, beginning at the bottom of p.9. The list of lakes where wake sports will be allowed is in Appendix E of this document.
Further information, including the original petition, can be found on the DEC website:https://dec.vermont.gov/watershed/lakes-ponds/rulemaking