The Federation of Vermont Lakes and Ponds 2023 Annual Meeting: The Emerging Threats of Cyanobacteria
On September 7th, 2023, the Federation of Vermont Lakes and Ponds held our Annual Meeting.
The meeting included:
- The FOVLAP business meeting, including strategic planning updates, updates to the bylaws and election of officers
- A summary of the lake association survey
- Lakes and Ponds update – Oliver Pierson – Program Manager, Vermont DEC Lakes and Ponds Program
- Individual lake reports from member lake associations
- Overview of HABs in Vermont Lakes – Peter Isles – Aquatic Biologist, Vermont DEC Lakes and Ponds Program
- Management Interventions – Mark Mitchell – Limnologist, Vermont DEC Lakes and Ponds Program
- Lake Association Perspective – Lake Morey – Bruce Durgin – Lake Morey, FOVLAP Auxiliary Board
- Lake Association Perspective – Lake Carmi – Peter Benevento – Lake Carmi
- Impacts of Climate Change on Cyanobacteria Blooms – Matthew Vaughan – Staff Scientist, Lake Champlain Basin Program
- Lake Data Tools – Leslie Matthews – Environmental Scientist, Vermont DEC Lakes and Ponds Program
The meeting was recorded and can be viewed here, and on YouTube.
Presentations used during the meeting and the agenda are available here.