The Federation of Vermont Lakes and Ponds 2022 Annual Meeting
On September 8th, 2022, the Federation of Vermont Lakes and Ponds held our Annual Meeting – celebrating the Federation’s 50th anniversary!
The meeting included:
- An opening address by Secretary Julie Moore of the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- FOVLAP business, including election of officers
- A look at the new FOVLAP website
- An update from Lakes and Ponds Manager Oliver Pierson
- A summary of the member lake associations survey
- Brief one minute reports from member lake associations
- Presentation of the Robert Arnold Award (recognizing individuals’ stewardship of their favorite Vermont lake)
- A presentation on dam safety regulations and modification impacts by Dam Safety Engineer for Vermont DEC Ben Green
- Reports from Vermont lakes and ponds associations facing dam issues.
- A presentation on managing Eurasian watermilfoil by Lake & Shoreland Ecologist for Lakes and Ponds Misha Cetner.
- Reports from Vermont lakes and ponds associations managing milfoil, moderated by Aquatic Invasive Species Management Coordinator for the Lake Champlain Basin Program Meg Modley.
The meeting was recorded and can be viewed here, and on YouTube.
Presentations used during the meeting and the agenda are available here.