Lake Seminar 2017 – “Pathways to Healthy Lakes ”
Friday ~ June 2, 2017 at
The Canadian Club, on East Montpelier Road
414 East Montpelier Road, Barre, VT 05641
Visit our Lake Seminar page for more information
2017 ANNUAL MEETING
Monday ~ July 24, 2017
Visit our annual meetings page for more information!
About Our Activities
The Federation of Vermont Lakes and Ponds (FOVLAP) holds two “Main Events” each year.
- FOVLAP’s Annual Meeting is held the fourth Monday in July at a centrally-located site accessible to all members and attendees. The meeting usually lasts all day and provides member associations with the opportunity to network with other Vermont lake associations, hear about their activities and learn from their experiences. The day is highlighted by keynote speakers with professional backgrounds in a variety of subjects of interest to our members, such as aquatic invasive species (e.g. Eurasian Milfoil, Zebra Mussels), best management practices to control erosion and nutrient runoff when developing waterfront land, boating rules and regulations, and other pertinent and timely topics. Individual lake associations also give reports on their concerns and activities. (See the bottom of this page for minutes from these meetings).
- FOVLAP’s Lake Seminar is a one-day educational seminar held each year in early June. The agenda usually focuses on aquatic invasive species and shoreland and watershed management, with numerous speakers and workshops providing the latest information on topics critical to the success of our members’ lake management and protection activities.
In addition to our two main events, other activities include:
- We are members of the international North American Lake Management Society (NALMS), and the New England Chapter of NALMS (NEC-NALMS). Our officers frequently attend national and local chapter meetings and provide information in areas of interest to our members.
- We monitor and speak to any proposed state legislation that we perceive to have a material effect on the interest of our members.
- We publish a newsletter to keep members informed of matters of interest throughout the year.
- We depend on, and receive, professional advice and counsel from the staff of the Water Quality Division, Vermont Agency of Natural Resources. They attend our annual meeting, and also meet with individual lake and pond associations, providing onsite guidance and advice. They are an integral part of our organization.
Many of our members participate in volunteer lake monitoring opportunities:
2016 ANNUAL MEETING
Monday ~ July 25, 2016
The Steak House
1239 US Route 302
2015 NEC-NALMS CONFERENCE
Friday & Saturday May 29 – 30, 2015
Main Street Landing Preforming Arts Center